Buyer preferences have shifted heavily to digital channels


Buyer preferences have shifted heavily to digital channels

Over the past two years how much has your research, shopping, and buying moved online? 

According to a report from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, it’s a worldwide change. Global ecommerce has jumped to $26.7 trillion, with COVID-19 designated as a big contributor for this growth. The report estimates the value of global B2B ecommerce at 82% of this total, with B2C ecommerce sales making up the other 18%. 

Another trend that is accelerating is B2B buyers have begun to demand B2C-like experiences from their suppliers and vendors. Across buyer personas, industries, and geographies, one of the major areas of focus and opportunities to drive growth is improving the digital customer experience. 

More and more buyers want the ability to self-serve and be educated through immersive experiences that include real-time pricing and interactive product customization. 

There are a wide range of visual product experiences and platforms like Smithy, with the best delivering an intuitive experience where customers can change models, colors, and accessories in real-time giving them a visual brand experience and helping them increase confidence in their purchase decisions. 

Reach out to us at and we can help you figure out the best path for a configurator experience that will drive customer engagement and most of all, sales.

Photo by John Schnobrich on Unsplash